Congratulations on securing a spot in our upcoming annual celebrity gifting opportunity in honor of Mother’s Day!
This will truly be a very exciting process for you and we’re here to help guide you every step of the way. If you’re like most of our members, you’ve already started brainstorming what you’ll gift the celebrities and how you can market the heck out of your participation in this event.
You probably also have a lot of questions, especially if this is your first time participating in an event with us. We’ve prepared this list of important information below to help answer your questions. If you have any questions not covered, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me, and I’d be happy to help you.
Celebrity Swag Bag Gifts
- Send 20* small, individually-packaged gifts appropriate for the celebrity mothers (or their newborns).
- Our recipient’s list will include celebrities who are currently pregnant, or who recently had a baby. *The exact number of products will be provided to you in March when we release the celebrity recipient’s names).
- The Artisan Group management must review and approve all celebrity gifts before you begin production, and reserves the right to suggest constructive changes be made to ensure all pieces are a good fit with the overall collection, and to prohibit duplicate products in the gift bags.
- You MAY create personalized gifts for the celebrities if you so choose. If you choose to personalize your gifts, you must personalize them ALL, not just a few. You must also clearly tag the outside of each gift with the celebrity’s name.
- We encourage personal notes. This is not a requirement, but it could help you get more exposure. Any personal notes must be tucked INSIDE your gift packaging.
- Celebrity gifts do not have to be the same identical color, but must all be the same product design, with the same monetary value. You may NOT create different styled gifts for each celebrity.
- Whatever is submitted as your final product photo will be included in our Gift Guide, and must be the product found inside the gift bags.
- All gifters should include their business cards including social media contacts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) INSIDE your gift packaging.
- This gifting opportunity is not an on-site celebrity event, and does NOT include the possibility of a celebrity posing for a professional photo holding your product.
- As professionals, we expect you to meet all deadlines for deliverables.
- Please submit a direct link to the product you intend to gift the celebrities ASAP for approval. Do not begin production on your gifts until you have received this approval.
- The deadline for us to receive a final high-resolution photograph of the product you will be gifting the celebrities is no later than MARCH 15, 2019. This product must be the same product you were approved to gift. Instructions on how to photograph your product will follow as we get closer to this deadline.
- The deadline for us to receive your Mother’s Day gifts is no later than APRIL 15, 2019.
- If we do not receive your deliverables by their respective deadlines above, we will have to move forward in our preparations
without your products, and your participation fee will not be refunded.
- Your gift must fit into a gift bag with 50+ other gifts, so only small gifts can be accepted (see below for size restrictions).
- No glass products, i.e., candle holders, glass bottles, glass frames, etc. Small glass jewelry components, and small perfume bottles and bottles of nail polish are OK.
- No adult clothing, i.e., jackets, tops, pants, skirts, coats, etc. Graphic design tees and scarves are OK, as long as they are rolled up and
- No gift certificates or gift cards in lieu of gifts. You’re welcome to include a coupon or discount code in your marketing materials alongside your gift, but you must provide an actual tangible product if you are gifting the celebrities or members of the press.
- No ACEO prints or postcards in plastic sleeves.
- No magnets or other mass-produced trinkets.
- Gifts cannot contain any nudity, profanity, or any religious or political themes.
Packaging and Size Restrictions
- Your product should be packaged as a gift, or in the professional manner in which you ship your products to your own customers.
- Do not use squared boxes (i.e., 4” x 4” x 4”).
- Do not use pillow boxes.
- Do not use paper gift bags.
- Do not use plastic sleeves as your primary packaging.
- Do not use ziploc or any other plastic bags as your primary packaging.
- Do not use shipping envelopes, or any other regular envelopes.
- Do not use packaging with glitter that can rub off on other gifts in the bag.
- Do not use delicate embellishments, such as raffia or feathers on the outside of your packaging; as it could become damaged in transit.
- Keep it simple. Your packaging doesn’t need to be over the top. You can convey an elegant image, and also stay within our guidelines.
- Choose packaging that is just a bit bigger than the gift itself. It’s not necessary to package small items in big, elaborate packaging. Less is more.
- Be sure everything you are gifting fits inside your packaging. This includes your business card. We don’t want anything to become separated from your gift in the bag.
- If you are using a drawstring pouch or bag, the bag MUST cinch closed completely — no open or un-cinched bags can be accepted.
- All bags and pouches must close completely.
- JEWELRY: Most jewelry can be packaged in a nice organza bag or pouch (maximum size 5”x 7”), but if your jewelry is exceptionally fragile, and you absolutely must use a box, your box cannot exceed 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” x 1”. These boxes are big enough for your jewelry, and can also hold your business card. Be sure you tie a ribbon around the box or in some way secure the box so the contents don’t fall out. Jewelry participants can also gift their product in a small box and then inside a bag or pouch if necessary.
- BATH/BODY/SPA PRODUCTS: Bath, body, and spa artisans may gift ONE product (not a whole collection of large products), i.e., one jar of sugar scrub, one bottle of lotion, or one bar of soap, etc., to be gifted in small bags or pouches, not to exceed 5” x 7”.
CANDLES: Candles should not be a “full-size” candle or made of glass, as the glass can break in the bag, and expose TAG to potential lawsuits (candles have actually broken in our gift bags in the past). The “travel-size” tins are the best fit for our giftings.
COSMETICS: Cosmetic artisans gifting eye shadows, nail polishes, lip glosses, etc., may gift 2-3 of these products in packaging not
to exceed 4”x 6”.
STATIONERY/PAPER GOODS: If you are gifting stationery sets, A6-sized cards are a good fit. You can package your stationery sets in 4-7/8″ x 1/2″ x 6-5/8″ boxes, but no larger. If you’d like to dress up your packaging, you can slide your clear boxes of stationery sets into 6.75″ x 12″ organza bags.’
- PHOTOGRAPHY/ILLUSTRATIONS: The size limit on prints from our photographer or illustrator members is not to exceed 5″ x 7″ (finished size) since your gift is flat. We prefer that you mat your prints whenever possible. If you mat your prints, you’ll want to send 4×6″ prints matted to a 5×7″ finished size. You can also package your photography prints in 4-7/8″ x 1/2″ x 6-5/8″ boxes, but no larger. Please do not package your prints in shipping envelopes. We prefer prints be packaged in a professional manner using portrait cases, similar to what is offered at Rice Studio Supply.
- SEWN PRODUCTS: Sewn products should be tucked inside a bag or pouch with your business card, not to exceed 5” x 7”.
- PURSES/CLUTCHES/WRISTLETS/CASES: The size limit for small purses or clutches, sewn wristlets, or makeup cases is not to exceed 5” x 7”. The actual product can be your packaging. Tuck your business card inside and zip it or close it up. No further packaging is necessary.
- HAIR ACCESSORIES: If you are gifting hair accessories, please package your product in small bags or pouches, not to exceed 5” x 7”.
Shipping Your Package
- You will receive the shipping address to send your package to and the shipping instructions about a month before the deadline.
The shipping window of time for us to receive your package will also be provided to you as we get closer to the event. Your package MUST arrive during this time period in order to be included.
- DO NOT WAIT until the last minute to prepare your gifts or ship your package. Plan accordingly, and prepare for unforeseen circumstances that may be out of your control, such as weather, missed deliveries or lost shipments.
- Please do not drop off your package to the Organizer if you are local. Respect the Organizer’s privacy, and plan ahead so you leave plenty of time for your package to be shipped and delivered to their private residences.
- Be sure you include your first and last name on the return address of your package, not just your shoppe name.
- The Artisan Group is not responsible for lost or late shipments, or tracking lost packages. It is your responsibility to plan ahead and ensure your package meets the deadline.
- You are free to use whatever carrier you’d like to ship your package, but based on past experiences, we do not recommend you use the USPS to ship your package. FedEx or UPS have proven to be much more reliable, and there have been less issues using these two carriers. I’ve lost count of how many TAG members did not heed this advice, and lost out on great opportunities altogether. Trust me, you don’t want to risk it and trust the post office for such an important shipment.
- International shippers, please pay your own customs/tariffs/tax charges. If The Artisan Group is billed for these charges, we will expect you to reimburse us immediately.
- Always select the Package Tracking option when shipping your package in case your shipment gets lost.
- Please do not e-mail the Organizers your tracking information as you ship your packages. We only need to receive your package, not track it.
- Please avoid shipping peanuts and shredded paper. If you must use these materials, please use ziplock bags to encase these packaging materials.
- If your package does not arrive by the deadline, you run the risk of not being included in future gifting opportunities, and your participation fee will not be refunded.
- Our professionally-designed Mother’s Day Gift Guide, is a printed and digital publication that will be included in all celebrity gift bags, distributed via our social media accounts, and featured on our homepage beginning a week before the gifting, and ending a week after the gifting has concluded. We provide this service to current TAG members at no additional cost.
- All current TAG members who are gifting products in the celebrity gift bags will receive a one-quarter page spot in our Mother’s Day Gift Guide, including a photograph of your celebrity gift, a link to the product you gifted, your name, shoppe name, and shoppe URL.
- Members will have the opportunity to purchase their own copies of the Mother’s Day Gift Guide prior to the gifting opportunity.
Marketing Your Participation
- We will be shipping the gift bags to the celebrity moms prior to Mother’s Day (May 12). We want to give all recipients the opportunity to receive our gift bags (some may be on travel, or be on a tight work schedule), so they have time to actually go through all the gifts. This will require patience on your part.
- Please do not tag the celebrities on Twitter or Instagram in either @ fashion or # hashtags until AFTER we have confirmed all gift bags have indeed been delivered, and the celebrities have had time to review everything. We will let you know when it’s safe to do so.
- Do not Google photographs of the celebrities and use these images in your marketing efforts, or for use in your product listings. Doing so violates the photographer’s copyright terms, and implies a celebrity endorsement of your product.
- Do not use phrases such as “Designed Exclusively For XYZ Celebrity…”, or “Created For XYZ Celebrity…” This type of messaging gives the implication that the celebrities contacted you personally and commissioned a custom product directly from you and your business. This is not the case. This is a collaborative group product seeding opportunity through The Artisan Group.
- NO PRESS RELEASES SHOULD BE GOING OUT OR PUBLISHED UNTIL WE RECEIVE CONFIRMATION THAT ALL GIFT BAGS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO THE CELEBRITY RECIPIENTS.
- You MAY use phrases such as “Gifted to XYZ Celebrity”, or “Gifted to XYZ Celebrity in association with The Artisan Group”,
accompanying your product photo, AFTER all gift bags have been confirmed delivered and enough time has passed for each recipient to review the entire collection of products.
- You MAY disclose the list of celebrity moms to your fan bases AFTER all gift bags have been confirmed delivered and enough time has passed for the celebrities to review all the products gifted. We will give you the heads up when it’s safe to begin promoting.
- If you’d like to build up the excitement with your fan base, you can publish “teasers”, i.e., “XYZ Shoppe is sending our XYZ Product to a group of celebrity moms in honor of Mother’s Day! We’ll announce next week [or a date when all gift bags have been confirmed delivered] who received our goodies!”
- As we get closer to Mother’s Day, TAG will provide you with a graphic to use to describe your participation in this opportunity;
you’re more than welcome to use it.
- Please be advised that as with all celebrity gifting opportunities, there is never any guarantee that you will receive a ‘thank-you’, or a public or private acknowledgment for the gift you provide to celebrities.
- All participation fees are non-refundable, so be certain you can commit to participating. If you drop out, you do run the risk of not being eligible for future TAG opportunities. We take commitments very seriously.
- Your gift should come from a smoke-free, pet odor-free environment. If you smoke, live in a home with someone who smokes, or have pets, be sure your gift and/or packaging will not come in contact with smoke odor or pets. If your gift arrives to the Organizers, and smells of cigarette smoke, or pet odor, it will be returned to you at your cost, and your participation fee
will not be refunded.